Bar by the River
· CAD design
· H&S planning
· Temp works engineering
· Site set-up including provision of bespoke monarflex
· Bespoke steel frame fabrication and erection
· 1st and 2nd fix carpentry including construction of a 22m bar
· Electrical and plumbing 1st and 2nd fix
· Installation of synthetic turf
· Works carried out in highly exposed, public space without incident or near miss
Inigo were engaged to provide construction advice for the design of a 45-metre-long temporary bar located in London Bridge City. Due to a limited lead-in period, Inigo were subsequently asked to design and build the bar.
With only 6-weeks from instruction to planned bar opening, we were able to resource specialist engineers, metal fabricators, management and operatives to complete works. The build period was limited to 2-weeks and working conditions were strictly monitored by the estate. Around 30 tonnes of bespoke steel frame and timber was brought on to site and over 100 operative days were spent in a two-week period. Despite all the challenges, including heavy rain, power cuts and late design changes; the bar was opened 10 minutes ahead of schedule.
Works were carried out in a controlled manner with an exemplary safety record.
GET IN TOUCH