Children’s Pre-Assessment Unit, Whipps Cross Hospital
– Asbestos R&D survey and report
– Full design considering HTM, HBN and Building Regulations compliance
– Engage Building Inspectors and production of fire strategy with client and site Fire Officer
– Strip out existing office fit out
– Form new internal layout with C-stud partitioning
– Bring in medical gasses and VAC
– New electrical system
– New bedhead clinical trunking to each bay
– Nurse call system installation
– New cylinder for H/W demand
– A/C heating and cooling with secondary back up heating system
– New suspended ceilings
– New lighting
– Main entrance auto opening door on access control and secondary means of escape
– New DDA compliant ramps, barriers and road markings
– Flooring and decorations throughout
– Clinical spec fire door set supply and installation.
– New clinical sanitaryware
As part of the hospital’s COVID 19 development strategy, Inigo were engaged and tasked with creating an clinical space to keep children out of the main A&E ward at Whipps Cross Hospital.
The client had identified a small pre-fab building nearby and Inigo produced a design to create clinical space comprising 4 new pre-assessment rooms, reception area, waiting room, dirty and clean utilities, WC’s and staff kitchen area.
The design was formed in 2-weeks in conjunction with the clinical team during numerous design meetings. The design and works were started and completed in 3-months.
The clinical staff are delighted with their new area which went into immediate use upon completion.
GET IN TOUCH